- Blood sample
- 1 mL serum is collected in SST
- 1 mL whole blood is collected in EDTA tube
Who Should Get Tested?
Our anemia panel is good for anyone who is experiencing symptoms (dizziness, fatigue, cold hands/feet, shortness of breath, etc.) or for anyone who is at risk for anemia. For instance, these risk factors include excessive menstrual bleeding, autoimmune disorders, GI conditions such as ulcerative colitis, or a diet low in iron and vitamins such as vegan or vegetarian¹.
- 3-5 business days
Individual Test Information
- CBC – This is a broad panel that evaluates the cells and components of blood. Therefore, this panel includes hemoglobin and hematocrit, both of which are important for diagnosing anemia.
- Iron – Measures iron levels, which is necessary for the production of healthy red blood cells.
- Ferritin – Measures ferritin, which is a protein containing iron.
- “Iron-Deficiency Anemia.” National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/iron-deficiency-anemia.