ApoE Gene Mutation Test Kit
Our ApoE Gene Mutation Test Kit looks for the presence of the APOE4 variant, which is associated with increased risk of late-onset Alzheimer’s disease.
What is ApoE, Apo-E, Apolipoprotein E?
The APOE gene makes a lipoprotein that is responsible for packaging cholesterol and other fats. There are 3 alleles of the ApoE gene (E2, E3, E4) with E3 being most common in the US population. The other alleles or versions are associated with a number of health conditions related to ageing and cardiovascular disease
Conditions Associated with ApoE
- Alzheimer Disease - APOE specifically carrying the E4 allele increases the risk for developing late-onset Alzheimer disease in people over 65. The risk is dependent on the number of copies of E4. An individual with 1 copy has a lifetime risk as high as 20% while having 2 copies of E4 can increase risk up to 50% However, the E2 variant can be protective.
- Macular Degeneration - is a eye disease that results in vision loss usually in older adults.
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies - The E4 variant can increase the risk of developing this type of dementia.
At-Home Test kit with a buccal swab collected with Zymo SafeCollect Swab
Why should I get tested?
- If you have a strong family history of Alzheimer Disease or Dementia in the family
- If you are developing signs of Dementia, Memory Loss, Alzheimer Disease or Macular Degeneration at an earlier than expected age
- If you are starting to get forgetful, have confusion, or losing time
- If there is age related impact on judgement
- If there is any sign of progressive dementia
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Choose the option that is right for you.
- Depending on what you choose shipments can arrive anywhere from 1-5 days
- No special preparation is needed
- These tests are meant for individual consumption. If you wish to order multiple test kits for multiple people, you will need to register as a provider.
- How do I register as a provider?
- Fill out our New Client Form
- Or contact us via phone or email
|Dimensions||10 × 6 × 1.25 in|
There are no reviews yet.