Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) (VG+) Test Kit
Vaginitis is a common gynecologic condition of vaginal area discomfort, pain and possible vaginal discharge
Return to Main Shop Page
- These tests are meant for individual consumption. If you wish to order multiple test kits for multiple people, you will need to register as a provider.
- How do I register as a provider?
- Fill out our New Client Form
- Or contact us via phone or email
What is Vaginitis?
Vaginitis or inflammation of the vulva or vaginal area is a common gynecological condition that results in vaginal area discomfort and possible discharge. The most common causes of Vaginitis are Bacterial Vaginosis (See BV Test) where there is an imbalance in the health bacterial species of the vagina (45%), infection with Candida species (See Candida Test; Candidiasis) (25%) and Trichimonas infection (20%).
What are the Causes of Vaginitis (Inflammation of the Vaginal Area)
The vagina has a number of microorganisms that live in balance. Changes in this balance of organisms can result in Vaginitis. Risk factors that can impact the normal homeostasis of organisms in the vaginal vault include:
- Hormone levels
- Sexual activity
Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
- A gray or white vaginal discharge
- A strong, fish-like odor
- Pain in or around the vaginal area
- Itching in or around the vaginal area
- Burning sensation when urinating
Organisms Associated with Bacterial Vaginosis (See BV Test)
- Atopobium vaginae
- Gardnerlla vaginalis
- Megasphera 1
- Megasphera 2
- Bacterial Vaginosis Associated Bacteria -2 (BVAB-2)
- Candida albicans
- Candida glabrata
- Candida tropicalis
- Candida parapsilosis
- Lactobacillus crispatus
- Lactobacillus iners
- Trichimonas vaginalis
Will I need to do anything to prepare for the test?
You should not use tampons, douche, or have sex for at least 24 hours before your test.
- Vaginal Sample collected with Zymo SafeCollect Swab
- Urine sample - We can also test urine samples
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Choose the option that is right for you.
- Depending on what you choose shipments can arrive anywhere from 1-5 days
- Discreet Packaging
Are you a Provider or Patient that needs more information? Please reach out at 407-783-1000
Sample Collection Instructions
View a sample report by clicking the link below.