- These tests are meant for individual consumption. If you wish to order multiple test kits for multiple people, you will need to register as a provider.
- How do I register as a provider?
- Saliva sample collected with Zymo SafeCollect Swab
- Massively Parallel Sequencing
Who should consider a BRCA Gene Test Kit?
This test is for Individuals who have either Inherited this gene mutation (from a parent) or developed a new gene mutation. Those with the mutation are at a higher risk of developing certain types of cancers compared to the general population (see full list below). However, BRCA testing is not indicated for everyone. Mutations in the BRCA genes increase the likelihood of the following cancers:
- Breast Cancer (including Male Breast Cancer)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
YOU may be at risk of having inherited a BRCA mutation if you have:
- Diagnosis of breast cancer personally before the age of 45
- Personal history of breast cancer before the age of 50 and a family history of breast or ovarian cancer
- Diagnosis of triple negative breast cancer before the age of 60
- History of ovarian cancer
- Diagnosis of male breast cancer or male breast cancer in the family
- Family history of breast and ovarian cancer especially in first degree relatives who developed disease at a young age (Genetic Counseling can help clarify)
- Family history of breast and ovarian cancer in multiple first and second degree relatives
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Choose the option that is right for you.
- Depending on what you choose shipments can arrive anywhere from 1-5 days
- No special preparation is needed for Saliva Collection