A Cholesterol, Total test determines whether or not your cholesterol is high and estimates your risk of heart attacks and other forms of heart disease.
- 1 mL serum collected
Who should get a Cholesterol, Total Test?
- Doctors will suggest you test your cholesterol levels more regularly if you or your family have a history of heart disease, smoking, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, obesity, a sedentary lifestyle, or eat a lot of saturated fats.
- People should first get their cholesterol checked between ages 9 -11 and then every 5 years after that.
- Once you reach the age of 45 you should check your cholesterol every 1-2 years
- People over the age of 65 should be tested annually.
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Test turnaround time for the Cholesterol, Total Test is typically 3-5 business days.
- No special preparation is needed
After The Test
- When your results are ready, we will send them to you in a clear, easy-to-read report in our HIPAA-protected Patient Portal.
- You will have the option to speak with an independent physician to discuss your results and treatment options, if applicable
- Together, you and your physician may develop a personalized plan to treat your condition.
- If a medication is prescribed, it will be sent by the physician to the pharmacy of your choice.
Mobile Phlebotomy Available
On the go mobile phlebotomy service where we come to you to draw your lab work. We serve the entire Orlando Metro Area and anywhere that is within 50 miles of our lab.
Choose Mobile Phlebotomy when you book your appointment.
There are no reviews yet.