- 1 mL serum collected
Who should get a Cholesterol, Total Test?
- Doctors will suggest you test your cholesterol levels more regularly if you or your family have a history of heart disease, smoking, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, obesity, a sedentary lifestyle, or eat a lot of saturated fats.
- People should first get their cholesterol checked between ages 9 -11 and then every 5 years after that.
- Once you reach the age of 45 you should check your cholesterol every 1-2 years
- People over the age of 65 should be tested annually.
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Test turnaround time for the Cholesterol, Total Test is typically 3-5 business days.
- No special preparation is needed
After The Test
- When your results are ready, we will send them to you in a clear, easy-to-read report in our HIPAA-protected Patient Portal.
- You will have the option to speak with an independent physician to discuss your results and treatment options, if applicable
- Together, you and your physician may develop a personalized plan to treat your condition.
- If a medication is prescribed, it will be sent by the physician to the pharmacy of your choice.