What are Hereditary Cancer Disorders?
Cancer is caused by a multistep process due to genetic alterations in cellular DNA. However, some individuals may be at higher risk if they have inherited or have genetic alterations in pathways that predispose to developing cancer. There are a number of hereditary cancer syndromes where individuals have a high risk of developing cancer because of existing genetic mutations. This Comprehensive Cancer Panel looks at variants in more than 100 genes associated with hereditary cancer syndromes. In addition, we are identifying individuals with private mutations or genetic alterations that increase risk specifically in that family independent of the established hereditary cancer syndromes.
Who Should get Genetic Comprehensive Cancer Testing?
- Concerned about Family History of Cancer
- Cancer in the family diagnosed at an younger than expected age for that cancer or generally < age 45 years.
- Multiple family members (1st degree or 2nd degree with similar cancers or cancers at younger ages
- Male Breast Cancer
- Ashkenazi Jewish heritage or heritage in ethnic group with increased risk of cancer
What Cancers Are Evaluated in this Panel?
Our ai-driven genetic Comprehensive Cancer panel is used to diagnose individuals and family members with increased risk of cancer. These cancers include:
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Gastric Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Renal Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
NGS including CNV Analysis with > 100 genes covered
We obtain your medical records to better establish the phenotype (the disease manifestations). Unlike other labs that use a limited phenotype, having more robust clinical data is key to our bioinformatic pipeline. We use an ai-driven bioinformatics pipeline.
- We can classify variants based on prioritization and association with phenotypes.
- Variants are investigated across 50 + biomedical data sources including a deep-dive into the medical literature to establish novel disease associations.
- Access to over 750000 individual genetic bio-database allows for better variant to disease association identification.
- ACMG / AMP Variant Implementation Guidelines – The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics and the Association for Molecular Pathology established criteria to for variant interpretation.
- Context classification of inheritance models
- Variant Frequency, Clinical Significance and Damage effect predictions considered in report analysis.
- In-Silico predictive algorithms to determine the effect of sequence variants.
- Whole Blood (EDTA or Lavender Tube)
Turn Around Time
Approximately 4 weeks (30 Days)
- ai Driven bioinformatics pipeline analysis of variants
- Depth of coverage > 100X
- 8000 disease associated genes
- 99% of clinically relevant variants
- Specificity >99.9% for all reported variants
A test kit can be shipped to your home within 1-2 business days
- We require a Physicians Order
- We will require pre-authorization for Genetic Testing. We can assist in this process
- A Medicare Advance Beneficiary Notice Form may be required for Medicare patients
Informed Consent for Genetic Testing is Required. See our Forms Page