Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
A Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) is a blood sample test that measures 14 different substances in your blood. This test is useful for diagnosing and monitoring treatment for conditions affecting the liver or kidneys.
Book an Appointment at Our Facility
SKU: 80050 Categories: All Tests, Blood Tests, Diabetes Testing, General Health Testing, Men's Health, Women's Health Tags: comprehensive metabolic panel (cmp), comprehensive metabolic panel blood test, creatinine metabolic panel, creatinine test, labcorp 322000, metabolic blood test, serum creatinine test
- Blood and urine samples
- 1 mL serum collected in SST
Who should get tested?
A Comprehensive metabolic panel is most commonly ordered as part of routine blood work, but your doctor may order a CMP on its own if they suspect liver or kidney disease. Additionally, A CMP on its own can tell you important information about your organ function, electrolyte balance, and metabolism. Moreover, it can also aid in the diagnosis of many different conditions such as liver and kidney disease or diabetes.
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Test turnaround time for Comprehensive Metabolic Panel is typically 3-5 business days.
- The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) requires fasting (no food or drink, only water) for 8-12 hours before your appointment.
Individual Test Information
- Glucose, a type of sugar and your body's main source of energy.
- Calcium, one of the body's most important minerals. Calcium is essential for proper functioning of your nerves, muscles, and heart.
- Sodium, potassium, carbon dioxide, and chloride. These are electrolytes, electrically charged minerals that help control the amount of fluids and the balance of acids and bases in your body.
- Albumin, a protein made in the liver.
- Total protein, which measures the total amount of protein in the blood.
- ALP (alkaline phosphatase), ALT (alanine transaminase), and AST (aspartate aminotransferase). These are different enzymes made by the liver.
- Bilirubin, a waste product made by the liver.
- BUN (blood urea nitrogen) and creatinine, waste products removed from your blood by your kidneys.¹
- “Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP): MedlinePlus Medical Test.” MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2 Mar. 2021, medlineplus.gov/lab-tests/comprehensive-metabolic-panel-cmp/.