What are Genetic Neurological Disorders?
Neurological disorders often have a genetic component. Many genetic diseases impact the functioning of the brain and nervous system. This Neuropanel looks at variants in more than 1850 genes associated with conditions such as epilepsy, developmental delay, movement disorders and neurodegenerative conditions
Who Should get Genetic Neurological Disease Panel Testing?
Our ai-driven genetic Neuro disease panel is use to diagnose individuals and family members with a variety of genetic neurological diseases. These include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita
- Familial hemiplegic migraine
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism
- Intellectual disability
- Joubert syndrome
- Kallman syndrome
- Leigh syndrome
- Leukodystrophy and peroxisome biogenesis disorders
- Meckel syndrome
- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathy
- Neonatal mitochondrial hepatopathies
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Parkinson´s disease
- Refsum disease
- Spastic paraplegia
- Tuberous sclerosis
- Zellweger syndrome
NGS including CNV Analysis with > 1900 genes covered
We obtain your medical records to better establish the phenotype (the disease manifestations). Unlike other labs that use a limited phenotype, having more robust clinical data is key to our bioinformatic pipeline. We use an ai-driven bioinformatics pipeline.
- We can classify variants based on prioritization and association with phenotypes.
- Variants are investigated across 50 + biomedical data sources including a deep-dive into the medical literature to establish novel disease associations.
- Access to over 750000 individual genetic bio-database allows for better variant to disease association identification.
- ACMG / AMP Variant Implementation Guidelines – The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics and the Association for Molecular Pathology established criteria to for variant interpretation.
- Context classification of inheritance models
- Variant Frequency, Clinical Significance and Damage effect predictions considered in report analysis.
- In-Silico predictive algorithms to determine the effect of sequence variants.
- Whole Blood (EDTA or Lavender Tube)
Turn Around Time
Approximately 4 weeks (30 Days)
- ai Driven bioinformatics pipeline analysis of variants
- Depth of coverage > 100X
- 8000 disease associated genes
- 99% of clinically relevant variants
- Specificity >99.9% for all reported variants
A test kit can be shipped to your home within 1-2 business days
- We require a Physicians Order
- We will require pre-authorization for Genetic Testing. We can assist in this process
- A Medicare Advance Beneficiary Notice Form may be required for Medicare patients
Informed Consent for Genetic Testing is Required. See our Forms Page