What are Genetic Cardiovascular Disorders?
Cardiovascular disorders often have a genetic component. Many genetic diseases impact the function of the heart both in development in the young and in function in those that are older. This Cardio panel looks at variants in more than 300 genes associated with conditions such as cardiomyopathy, heart arrhythmias, valve disease. cholesterol metabolism and pulmonary hypertension
Who Should get Genetic Cardiovascular Disease Panel Testing?
Our ai-driven genetic Neuro disease panel is use to diagnose individuals and family members with a variety of genetic cardiovascular diseases. These include:
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
- Brugada syndrome
- Catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia
- Congenital heart defects
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Hereditary arrhythmia syndromes
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia
- Heterotaxy syndrome
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Long QT syndrome
- Short QT syndrome
NGS including CNV Analysis with > 300 genes covered
We obtain your medical records to better establish the phenotype (the disease manifestations). Unlike other labs that use a limited phenotype, having more robust clinical data is key to our bioinformatic pipeline. We use an ai-driven bioinformatics pipeline.
- We can classify variants based on prioritization and association with phenotypes.
- Variants are investigated across 50 + biomedical data sources including a deep-dive into the medical literature to establish novel disease associations.
- Access to over 750000 individual genetic bio-database allows for better variant to disease association identification.
- ACMG / AMP Variant Implementation Guidelines – The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics and the Association for Molecular Pathology established criteria to for variant interpretation.
- Context classification of inheritance models
- Variant Frequency, Clinical Significance and Damage effect predictions considered in report analysis.
- In-Silico predictive algorithms to determine the effect of sequence variants.
- Whole Blood (EDTA or Lavender Tube)
Turn Around Time
Approximately 4 weeks (30 Days)
- ai Driven bioinformatics pipeline analysis of variants
- Depth of coverage > 100X
- 8000 disease associated genes
- 99% of clinically relevant variants
- Specificity >99.9% for all reported variants
A test kit can be shipped to your home within 1-2 business days
- We require a Physicians Order
- We will require pre-authorization for Genetic Testing. We can assist in this process
- A Medicare Advance Beneficiary Notice Form may be required for Medicare patients
Informed Consent for Genetic Testing is Required. See our Forms Page