Heart Health Panel
Your heart is an essential organ responsible for pumping blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout your body. Factors such as high cholesterol levels can block the blood flow to the heart causing cardiovascular disease, heart attack, and stroke. This package will measure your cholesterol (HDL, LDL, and triglycerides) and C-reactive protein levels to evaluate your risk for heart disease.
- Blood and samples
- 1 mL serum collected in SST
Who should get tested?
- This test can be used to help evaluate your risk for cardiovascular disease, stroke, or heart attack. This package includes both a cholesterol panel and a C-reactive protein high sensitivity test. Excess cholesterol can cause plaque to build up on the walls of your blood vessels, this build up causes the blood vessels to narrow which can lead to heart disease, stroke or a heart attack. Research has found that high levels of hs-CRP increase your risk of having a heart attack or developing coronary artery disease, hs-CRP may also be ordered to check for inflammation in the body.¹
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Test turnaround time for the Heart Health Panel is typically 3-5 business days.
- It is recommended to fast (no food or drink, only water) for 8-12 hours before your appointment.
Individual Test Information
- Total Cholesterol - A measure of all cholesterol.
- Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL)* - The "bad" cholesterol which contributes to build-up in the blood vessels.
- High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) - The "good" cholesterol which helps remove excess cholesterol and transport it to the liver to be removed from the body.
- Triglycerides - Excess fats can contribute to an increased risk of heart disease.
- hs-CRP - Used to measure your risk for developing heart disease.²
- “C-Reactive Protein Test.” Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 25 June 2021, www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/c-reactive-protein-test/about/pac-20385228.
- “Basic Heart Health Panel.” Request A Test, requestatest.com/basic-heart-health-panel-testing.
Mobile Phlebotomy Available
On the go mobile phlebotomy service where we come to you to draw your lab work. We serve the entire Orlando Metro Area and anywhere that is within 50 miles of our lab.
Choose Mobile Phlebotomy when you book your appointment.