Hepatic Function Panel
The Hepatic Panel includes tests that are commonly part of a general health screening, and evaluate liver function. Additionally, this liver function tests aids in the diagnosis of liver disease such as hepatitis or to monitor the treatment of liver disease.
- Blood sample
- 1 mL serum is collected in SST
Who should get tested?
- Order this test if you are experiencing symptoms of liver disease including jaundice, abdominal pain, and nausea or if you have one or more risk factor.² Additionally, this panel aids in the diagnosis of liver disease such as hepatitis. Also, a liver function test monitors a preexisting condition and its treatment.
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Test turnaround time for the Hepatic Panel is typically 1-3 business days.
- No special preparation needed
Individual Test Information
- Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT): The liver produces this enzyme which is typically elevated in cases of liver damage.
- Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST): A liver enzyme that elevates in cases of liver damage or Hepatitis.
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP): An enzyme found in the liver and bones which is increased when there is liver or bone damage.
- Protein, Total: A measure of albumin and all other proteins in the blood.
- Albumin: The main protein produced by the liver.
- GGT - A measure of liver damage, GGT may leak into the bloodstream
- Bilirubin, Total: Helps to identify conditions such as anemia, sickle cell, hepatitis, cirrhosis, alcohol, and drug abuse.
- Bilirubin Direct: Works in conjunction with Total Bilirubin to aid in the diagnosis of liver disorders.¹
- Online Hepatic Function Blood Testing: Order Affordable Hepatic Function Test: Request A Test. Request A Test. (n.d.). https://requestatest.com/hepatic-function-testing.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. (2021, March 4). Liver Function Tests: MedlinePlus Medical Test. MedlinePlus. https://medlineplus.gov/lab-tests/liver-function-tests/.