HPV (human papillomavirus) Test
Urine and Vaginal self-collected HPV (human papillomavirus) test can be useful for detecting Cervical Cancer.
This non-invasive test detects High-Risk HPV types, such as HPV 16 & 18, that are associated with Cervical Cancer
What is Tested?
- HPV 16
- HPV 18
- Other High-Risk HPV: 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 53, 56, 58, 59, 66, 68
- Urine Sample
- Self Collected Vaginal Swab
Why should I get tested?
- Cervical cancer prevention is in the interest of all women. Many "at-risk" women will miss detecting pre-cancerous cells or early cancer which is treatable and curable.
- Participating in cervical cancer screening is key to early cancer detection
Who should get tested?
- Guidelines may vary depending on the Medical organization but in general the gold-standard test will be a Pap smear. Those under the age of 30 regardless of sexual history, or HPV vaccine should begin with a Pelvic exam and Cervical cytology (Pap test).
- High-Risk HPV testing (This Test) may be suitable for women
- Between the ages of 30-65
- Normal immune system
- No history of cervical cell abnormalities (CIN2 or higher)
Does it matter if I had the HPV vaccine?
- The HPV vaccine has been instrumental in decreasing cervical cancer rates. However, cervical cancer screening and recommendations for screening remain the same regardless of vaccine status
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- The test turnaround time could be several days, at this time you can expect the entire process to take one week from the time the laboratory receives the specimen. Please allow 5-7 days for shipping to your address. Faster return shipping is available and will auto-expedite your testing process.
Sample Collection (HOW WE'RE DIFFERENT)
- See Sample Collection Tab
- Most self-test kits use only 1 sample either urine or a vaginal self-collected swab. AIDX uses a two-sample collection to optimize detection of High-Risk HPV.
There are no reviews yet.