What is High-Risk STI?
STI are sexually transmitted infections which are transmitted from one individual to another through sexual contact. STDs can cause a number of health issues and can result in Pelvic Inflammatory Disease in women which can result or contribute to infertility.
Which STDs are tested for in this Panel?
- Mycoplasma Genitalium
- NOTE: THIS TEST DOES NOT TEST FOR HIV
What are common Symptoms of Sexually Transmitted Infections?
STI may only cause mild disease in some individuals so it is possible to have an STI and not be affected. STIs can still be transmitted even without symptoms. Usual symptoms include:
- A discharge from the vagina or penis
- Sores/ Warts / Or other lesions in the genital area
- Change in urination with needing to urinate more frequently
- Itchiness in the genital area
- Redness and discomfort in the gential region
- Abnormal odor
- Fever or abdominal discomfort
How Does this Test Work?
This test is based on detection of organims DNA by Nucleic Acid Amplification from either urine or discharge
How do I get Treated?
After your test results are communicated to you, please call our phone to schedule a telemedicine visit (407-783-1000)
Who Should Get Tested?
- The CDC recommends yearly testing for all sexually active adults, but generally it is best to get tested if you:
- have had unprotected sex
- have had or are planning to have sex with a new partner
- have multiple sexual partners
- are concerned you may have been exposed to an STI
- are pregnant
- share injection equipment
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Choose the option that is right for you.
- Depending on what you choose shipments can arrive anywhere from 1-5 days
- Discreet packaging