- 1 mL serum collected in SST
Why Get a Thyroid Test?
It is recommended by the US Preventive Service Task Force that thyroid function should be measured in all adults starting at age 35 years and every 5 years afterwards.
Who should get tested?
The thyroid is a small gland in front of the neck that regulates a number of bodily functions such as, metabolism, temperature, heart rate, body temperature, and digestion. This package can aid in the diagnosis of thyroid diseases such as hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, it is important to check your thyroid function if you are experiencing symptoms of thyroid disease. Some common symptoms of a thyroid disorder are:
- Losing/gaining weight
- Enlarged thyroid
- Infrequent or irregular menstrual cycle
- Feeling sensitive to the heat and cold
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Test turnaround time for the Thyroid Panel is typically 1-3 business days.
- It is recommended that someone taking Biotin (also known as vitamin B7 or B8, vitamin H, or coenzyme R) stop consumption at least 72 hours prior to the collection of a sample.
Individual Test Information
- TSH – measures thyroid-stimulating hormone. It is the most accurate measure of thyroid activity.
- T3 and T4 – measure different thyroid hormones.