- Blood sample
- 1 mL serum collected in SST
Who should get tested?
- The Uric Acid Test can aid the diagnosis of gout, it may also be used to evaluate one’s risk of developing kidney stones. You should consider checking your Uric acid levels if you:
- Pain or swelling in joints, especially the big toe
- Joints that are warm to the touch
- Back pain
- Blood in urine
- Note: Result turnaround times are only an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Test turnaround time for the Uric Acid Test is typically 1-3 business days.
- Fasting (no food or drink) for 4 hours before visit is required for a Uric Acid Test