UTI – Uncomplicated
What is a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
A Urinary Tract infection usually occurs when the urinary system has been infected, usually by bacteria. This can involve the urethra, kidneys, or bladder. This test detects for the most common organisms both bacterial and fungal that may cause an urinary tract infection. Untreated, a UTI can damage the kidneys.
What are the symptoms of a UTI?
- Pain in the abdomen or pelvic area
- Pressure in the lower pelvis
- Frequent Urination or Incontinence
- Painful urination or sometimes blood in the urine
- Abnormal urine color (cloudy) and strong or foul-smelling urine
- Mental Changes
- No special preparation is needed